November 14, 2011

Graduation Party

     I have such an amazing and thoughtful family. I graduated on October 13 and exactly a month later (yesterday) my family had a surprise graduation for me. I knew family was coming over and stuff but sooo many people came. All the people in my life that have meant the most to me really. It was overwhelming seeing everyone there and realizing how supportive people are of me. It was a great day.
     My mom worked so hard for this. She was cleaning for days and made tons of delicious food. I didn't expect to have a big party or a party at all and it meant the world that they made it a special thing for me. Florida was crazy and so much fun and an incredible celebration so I really didn't see this coming. I definitely got that warm fuzzy feeling that my family and friends made such a huge effort to make this such a special time in my life. I could not be more grateful for the people in my life. Not even just now, but the people that were in my life as well. I saw lots of people I hadn't seen in awhile and it meant a lot that they would take time out of their day to come and support little ol' me.
     I was really nervous about having so much attention yesterday...I was a little worried because I hadn't graduated the normal way. I definitely thought people were going to be a little weird about it, but it was quite the opposite. I've never heard so many, "I'm so proud of you"'s in my life. I hope everyone there enjoyed it as much as I did. I loved seeing and talking to everyone. It was chaotic and I did my best to get around to everyone (shyness aside). And to my surprise, I received so many cards, letters, treats, gifts, and money. So thank you to all of those that gave me those unnecessary and kind tokens. They are greatly appreciated. 
     To top it off, my dad made a video called, "The Very Best of the Godfreys" that was about me. Haha it's kind of a joke between my dad and I that he made a video of my family called, "The Best of the Godfreys" and I wasn't in it. He is just the best dad in the world. He always makes me laugh and will do anything in the world for me and more. I love him very much and deeply appreciate his sentimental cherry on top of my day.
     Once again, I am so thankful for each person in my life and what they have contributed. My family is my life and I am so blessed that Heavenly Father sent me to them. Thank you to all of you. Your love and support has meant more than you will ever know. I'm just stumbling over my words here...I guess that's what emotion does. Corny, I know but I'm just so grateful. October 13 and November 13...noteworthy and unforgettable days. Thank you to all of those that were apart of it or have been apart of my life! Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures in the chaos but hopefully this post will do it justice enough...though it won't because it was just too wonderful of a day. What a wonderful life. <3
  

No comments :

Post a Comment