December 7, 2011

Vampires, Harry, and Holidays

     What a life I have...or not. Pretty much I've been spending my time with the undead (vampires). You immediately thought of Twilight. Wrong. I'm not into that..into that as in a die hard. It's dumb, but I'm a girl so of course I've seen all the movies. Never managed all the books though. Anyhow, I'm a tired girl and I haven't been feeling well so I've been watching Vampire Diaries nonstop, thanks to both of my sisters and my friend, Britton. I was pretty sure it was going to be ridiculous but I seriously love it. Okay, so maybe it is ridiculous but that doesn't change the fact that I'm in love with Damon and Stefan Salvatore. It's a waste of time but I love wasting my time with my very patient older brother, Eric, and my sweet mom. My family is filled with my greatest friendships and it's such a blessing. I'm glad I found that out early because they are all just so wonderful. I mean who really has a brother that will watch girly chick flicks all night long when you aren't feel well? He even refrains (sometimes) from pointing out how dumb and unrealistic things are. He's a great brother :)
     Other than watching vampires, I've been reading the HP series. I'm on the 4th book and am slowly enjoying it. I read the other three in about three days so I decided to slow down because I was staying up way too late. Reading is just the best. I used to hate it but I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I'm just a sucker for stories because I love reading and I love TV shows. Obviously there are more important things to do but on a day where the world just isn't on your side or your stomach or head isn't there's always another world you can hop into.
     As for real life, things have been pretty good (minus feeling sick). I have such great friends and they are so much fun. I haven't seen them since they last came over and we played dance games and halo. I definitely have the type of friends where you can just be yourself and join in on the laughter. It's a relief to have found such nonjudgmental friends.
     The best part of this last little though though was on Saturday. All the girls besides Nic (We miss you!), my grandma, and Kate went to the Nutcracker and then later that night my dad, Eric, and Danny met up with us. It was such a blast and it was so nice of my grandma to get us tickets and for my dad to buy us such a lovely dinner. It was absolutely DELICIOUS. Tara always teases me that I order the same kid types of food. We went to Tucci's in SLC and I was most definitely planning on getting Alfredo, but instead got a a chicken breast on a bed of bowtie pasta with creamy lemon sauce with grilled vegetables on the side. Holy moly it was delicious. Later, we walked around Trolley Square and had gelato and stuff. It was such a great night.
     I love spending time with my family. We always have such a fun time together, especially around the Holidays. I love Christmas so much and the whole season that comes with it. My mom always works hard to make our home very festive and she also works very hard to be a giving, charitable person. My parents are always wonderful examples of that and have always taught us what Christmas is about. I'm so glad that the gospel is in my life and that we are able to enjoy such a warm, spirit-filled season. Of all the stories I love, His is the one I love the most. I absolutely love it and will be sad (like always) when the season ends. But in the meantime, Happy Holidays! :)




No comments :

Post a Comment