September 23, 2011

Home

     So I'm always my sister's little copycat and I was just reading her blog and she had a post called James Taylor. She posted a song and it made me miss home. Yes, yes I'm home, but I mean family. I miss hearing everyone laughing and playing the guitar. I miss cleaning to "drops in a bucket" on Saturday. I miss climbing on top of the wall in our old house and peaking down on everyone while my mom made some delicious treat. I miss listening to my dad sing James Taylor or just listening to James Taylor himself. Those were the days! Fall always makes me think of home. From September to the very end of December are the months my family spends most with each other and I love it. I especially love being with my family during the holidays, Christmas in particular.
     I cannot wait for Halloween! We started a new tradition of doing a family spook alley and it is so much fun. Yep, just a bunch of adults dressed up and scaring the crap out of little kids. I'm so blessed to have the family I do. We have so much fun together and I just love the feeling of our home. I have such a warm, loving family and I could not be more grateful. Don't think we're an Olive Garden commercial because we certainly aren't. We have ups and downs but love each other unconditionally. And torment each other unconditionally.
     Me loving my family so much is all because of what amazing parents we have. All of us kids are so lucky to have been given such loving, hilarious, compassionate, dorky parents. They've taught us to love and have given us each a strong foundation in the gospel. They are amazing individuals and I'm proud to call them my parents. I feel the exact same about my siblings. I don't know what I would do without them. I've grown up in a wonderful home with a wonderful family. My family is home. So if any of you dorks are reading this, I love you!





No comments :

Post a Comment