Today was one of the best days of my life. I don't remember the last time I felt this much peace. On Tuesday, I took the first part of the GED. I was terrified. The day before I had done a practice Reading text, I get there and it was Math and Writing. Not what I had expected so the spiders continued to crawl around my stomach (spiders = butterflies but are negative, not positive like butterflies). I hadn't written a paper since 9th grade so I was nervous, although English has always been my favorite. I was completely doubting myself and I hadn't thought I passed.
Today, was the second half, which was Science, Social Studies, and Reading. Once again, shaking and wanting to throw up, but I got through it. I am happy to announce that I am now graduated and have passed the GED! Seeing those scores about put me in tears. I am proud of myself and that is not an often occurrence. The best part of it is that I can finally get away from my past. There has been a lot of heartache in the past few years but once I saw that I passed...I forgot it all and it was worth the wait to have felt or feel what I feel now. I know I have grown up a lot and have become a lot more mature through past experiences, so I'm grateful for that. Now I'm just excited to go to college in January and move on. Use what I have learned to face NEW challenges.
I know I could not have gotten through the past years and this test without my Heavenly Father and Savior, my family, my friends, my testimony, and hope. I'm so grateful to have the knowledge the gospel has blessed me with and the happiness it has brought into my life. Good things eventually come, even if it is a long wait. I don't even know what to say. I am at a loss of words. Everything about the gospel is amazing. The Priesthood, prayer, scriptures, family, healthy friendships, weakness, strength, experience, young women's and the leaders, Priesthood leaders..so much. There is so much to be grateful for and right now I could not be filled with more gratitude. I love my Heavenly Father and all that He has given me. I am incandescently happy and I hope I can help bless others to feel that same joy and love that I feel.
My graduation day is NOTHING like I pictured. I have always imagined myself in a cap and gown. Walking with the rest of my class. Celebrating with my friends and having a Senior trip the summer following. Being apart of "The Pack". Being thrilled to not be at school, to have it over with, but to at the same time be sad. I imagined having the yellow tassels around my neck. I imagined being happy that my family finally had to endure my graduation like I did for theirs. I imagined my graduation and life to be completely different.
Although I didn't get my graduation I had pictured...I now realize I received more. The last years have been painful and I never ever thought I would see the end of this, but my graduation day was the light at the end of the tunnel and just what I needed. I have gone through this journey guided, but a lot of the time alone and I am proud that I stood up and ended it alone. I walked into a college classroom, dressed in my everyday clothes and took a test by myself. I am so happy and grateful. I didn't need to be apart of "The Pack", I am apart of a family that I have grown closer to because of these experiences. What I have been wanting in my life is simplicity and success, but most of all, happiness. My graduation day was just that. Heavenly Father knows my needs and today those needs were met and I'm ready to move forward. I wanted a lot of things, I want a lot things, but I know Heavenly Father knows best and will always be there.
This is the end of my corny post...but I just want to say thank you to all of those that have helped me through my life. I am so grateful for my life. A chapter has been closed and now I am able to open a new one with a new outlook and attitude. I won't imagine what my future will bring but I know that I will be taken care of. "Hope has the power to fill our lives with happiness." Today is a testimony of that. What a wonderful graduation...now for "senior trip". Florida on Saturday with my best friend and parents. Perfection.
PASSED let me leave my past.
I am so very proud of you! I love this post and your happiness bursting through the text. I love how you recognize our Savior in your experience and I know you are going to go on and do great things...We'll all be here for you...forever!!
ReplyDelete