December 31, 2011

New Year's

     What a year. I can't believe how much has happened. So many ups and downs and the ups were definite  highlights. Including our recent Christmas. My entire family was able to spend it together and it was amazing. It's been a long time it feels like since that was the case. I absolutely love my family and there no other people I'd rather be with. They are my best friends and make me continuously happy. They have been such a support throughout the year and my entire life. I'm glad I found out young how important my family is to me.
     2012. Can you believe it's hear? I know I was little but I remember writing 2001 on my papers in 1st grade and I thought that was weird. Time goes by so quickly and I feel like Monday is getting nearer..way too fast. On Monday I start college at Weber State University. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared out of my mind. The last year of school that I attended somewhat frequently was 9th grade. I feel a little silly going to college. I still, at times, feel like a 15 year old with no knowledge whatsoever. Even though I'm scared, I'm looking forward to it. I need a change in my life and college seems like the perfect way to accomplish that. I don't know if I'll be good at it or even like it but I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best.
     The year ahead is a definite mystery and I'm excited to see what it holds. As for the past? Something to remember and cherish. Over the past year I have regained the most important friendship I have, I grew closer to my family, gained a stronger testimony through triumphs and trials, recieved callings, made some new friends, graduated, and became an adult. 2011 served me well and I'll always remember it. A year for healing and for steps toward the future.
     I'm very grateful for the life I have and for the beginning of every year. A time to start over fresh and make new goals. Goals...my number one for 2012...confidence. I'm hoping to become less shy and feel more success. Stop being so hard on myself and become less selfish and more charitable. All in all...I just want to become more like Him. What a beautiful life and beautiful people He has blessed me with. Thank you to all of you that have contributed to one of His masterpieces, my life.

Happy New Year!

No comments :

Post a Comment