Life is just a continuous cycle of overcoming. It's made up of setbacks and breakthroughs. It's what makes life so difficult and yet so beautiful. We have different challenges everyday and every challenge is different for each person. I don't understand why everyone is put under such different circumstances but I guess in the end each circumstance is to help us to become more like Him. In the end, our trials are blessings and help build our character. After all, we don't have to overcome alone.
My dad and I were talking last night about the "fences" in our life. The things that bring us to a halt. The moment when you feel like you just can't handle your circumstances any longer. When hope seems to be fading and you stop believing in yourself. The wonderful thing about life and the Atonement is that we have countless opportunities to break through our own fences or find a way to cut through its wires. It may feel like we are running at full speed to break through and just slam into it but each time we do, the fence is pushed back just a little further until we build the strength or find the tools to rip that thing down. Fences are annoying and tiring, but essential. How would we learn if we were never challenged?
I love my dad. He is incredible. I am so grateful that I was blessed enough to be his daughter. He teaches me so much. Both of my parents do. It's such a blessing to have parents that are so caring and take the time to help me break through each fence in my life. My family is such a strength and are always so willing to assist and to comfort. No one has the answers but just having someone there to listen is such a comfort. If they did have the answers/solutions, I wouldn't be able to grow and learn on my own. As frustrating as it can be, I just have to remember, it's a blessing or I can learn from it. Go ahead, break through your own fences. It will make you stronger, even if you just keep running full speed and pushing them back. Think of all that the greatest of men and women went through. Fence after fence after fence. Without those fences, they may have never become the greatest of men and women. There's always hope.

No comments :
Post a Comment