March 20, 2012

A Constant Downpour of Blessings

     Blessed, blessed, blessed. That's what I am. Day in and day out my loving Savior is watching over me. Lately, his gateway to blessing me is through the people he has placed in my life, more specifically, my family. Not just my immediate family but my extended family as well.
     My parents, Brian & Tara, and I went to my Aunt and Uncle's beautiful home in St. George. They are so sweet to always let us use their home there to stay...as well as their cabin and pool in the summer. I needed to get away and get into the sun and they are so wonderful to let us be their guests. I love spending time with them. It was such a great time. We spent the majority of our time in the gorgeous weather outside, hiking or exploring. Or Body Flinging on the edge of the Gooseberry Mesa (maybe not our safest idea). I love being with family. By far my favorite thing in life. Tara and Bri are always so uplifting to be around, always pushing me out of my shell and comfort zone. And my parents, my best friends. I love them. I read them the Hunger Games while we were there because my dad had refused to read a book where the main character's name is Katniss. Haha little did he know that he would love her so much. He is absorbed and waits until we are able to sit down and have me read to him some more. It was a funny feeling reading to someone but it has been such a fun way to spend time together.
     As for today, both of my sisters happened to call me and I got to have two lovely conversations with each of them. They are wonderful. So loving and fun. Lately I have been continually reminded of how loved I am. Silly old me just so loved and watched out for. By parents, siblings, aunts/uncles, and cousins. The timing has been amazing. I've needed a little comfort, a little hope and each phone call, message, and text has been just that. I have the perfect family. Perfectly tailored for me. He knows my every need and fulfills each one and more. Either by a text message or a smile, He constantly warms my heart and reminds me that He has never left my side.

Lo I Am With You by Traci Douglass
     The other day and lately I have been really pondering the act of the Atonement. I think we sometimes view it as a single act or something. See it as Christ praying to Heavenly Father, taking our sins and burdens upon him and the crucifixtion itself. But the other day I was just staring at the sunrise and pondering and it hit me that the Atonement is so much more and everlasting and ongoing. He gave HIS lifetime being ridiculed and mocked and was perfect. He gave his life and then died for us. He took our every pain, sorrow, sin, and discomfort upon himself not as a single act but as a continual one to comfort and aid us through OUR lives. He could have just died for us and that would have been enough but His love is so incomprehensible that He never stops and never fails us. He not only gave us the ability to become like Him and return to live with Him but He walks with us day by day and at times carries us when we no longer have the strength to go on. What a powerful, matchless love. I love Him with all my heart and hope that I can live and give a worthy life to Him in His name. Everyday is a constant downpour of blessings I hope that I can help others come to know of His infinite goodness and love. I don't know if what I just said makes sense, but when I had that experience it really opened my eyes and my heart so hopefully I have articulated what I was trying to say or what I felt. It's a hard thing to put into words but I hope you, too, feel His love as I have. It's always there, we just have to decide to open up and feel it. His love is continual and constant. Perfect love.




No comments :

Post a Comment