I've always been a little obsessed with words so it's natural that lyrics are my favorite part of music. The beats and melody of a song intertwine with the lyrics and follow their pattern. That's what makes music so beautiful to me. One of the things at least. Words have a feel behind them and that's what the music is. It's the tone. My mind is jumbled most of the time and so my words come out jumbled too and sometimes music sorts out the mess in my head.
![]() |
| Ellie (don't mind her outfit) |
Recently, I've been to a couple concerts and have a couple more coming up. It has been a blast. The first concert was Ellie Goulding. I hadn't really listened to her much, but after going to her concert that's all I've really listened to lately. She is amazing, especially live. I'm so glad that my best friend let me tag along to see her. She has always been a huge fan of her so I'm glad I've become a fan too. It surprised me when I found out that she writes all of her own songs and co-produces them as well. That is awesome to me. She is apart of the entire process, beginning to end, on every song. That's what you call an artist. Her songs are impressive to me. How do you begin to write something like that?
| Ed |
The next concert Lex and I went to was Ed Sheeran. He was really good live. He used a loop peddle and recreated every song up there by himself. He did his own harmonies, beats, everything. It was so cool to listen to and sometimes get glimpses of him (it was PACKED). I have loved going and enjoying people's talents and the variety in it all as well. I'm really looking forward to Imagine Dragons (my fave) and Phillip Phillips.
It's always so hard for me to choose just a couple songs to share, so if you want to hear more check out my Spotify playlists. Also, on Spotify you can send songs to people so if you have a song you like or think I might like, feel free to send it on over.
Ellie Goulding, first song is from the album, Lights. The second and third are from her new album, Halcyon.
This is Ed Sheeran playing live. His concert was just like this. Same guitar, same orange loop mic. It's a lengthy video, but it's really good.

No comments :
Post a Comment