Summer is here! I'm so happy. I recently got back from Hawaii. It was such a blast. My entire family went as well as my best friend. It was such a blessing. I loved spending time with everyone. I could go on and on about it and maybe I will at a later post. Hawaii really kick started my summer and got me excited and ready to adventure.
The other night me and Lex had such a summery night. I absolutely loved it. She took me to her grandma and grandpa's house and it was amazing. It's almost like you could feel the memories there. Not that I had ever been there. She told me stories and reminisced about her childhood as we walked around the stables and wooden swings. Gorgeous.
After, we went and stood on a catwalk and listened to the rush of the cars. We laughed and "jumped onto" the semis driving beneath us. I couldn't believe how many cars honked at us. I didn't know that was a thing people did at people on catwalks. I couldn't help but smile.
Later that night we ended up parked in front of my house so I just leaned my chair back and Lex opened the sunroof. Star gazing. I had missed it a lot. After we both stared at the sky for a minute, Lex got a brilliant idea. She put her seat back up and drove while I kept star gazing through the sunroof. Music played and we took turns "star driving". It was amazing. I can't quite describe it. As we drove I got this overwhelming spiritual feeling. It was so unexpected that I almost started laughing. We had just had one of the most summery days you could spend with a best friend and we got this silly idea to star gaze while driving. It was so, so fun and then it turned into this peaceful joy. I was absorbed in the music and the stars. It felt beautiful. The Spirit reminded me of who I was. A daughter of God. And I thought to myself, He thinks I'm as beautiful as these stars. I've been told something along the lines of Heavenly Father knows us all just as he has numbered the stars. And I know that, that is absolutely true, but as we drove I felt that more than ever. It was such a sweet way that the Spirit spoke to me and I won't forget it. I'm so happy Lex had such a fun idea. It's going to continue to be an incredible summer and I'm so excited.
The song below is the song that played as I had such a beautiful reminder that I am loved and that God has created such a beautiful world for us to enjoy. It really is such a good song. Enjoy.
Star Driving. Perfect. Thank you for such a great night! You are a beautiful daughter of God, more beautiful than the stars and the moon! Love you so much!
ReplyDelete