July 10, 2013

Thanks To Lisa

     I received this text from one of my favorite people in the world today. It made me happy. I love hearing from her. Anyway, she is obviously the reason I'm blogging right now.
      What has been going on with me?
 *Michelle having twins
*Michelle and Danny moving to New York
*Eric getting married in August
*Nicole having a baby boy
     All of those are the big things going on in my family and all have caused some busyness. Such happy chaos. It's all so exciting. Lots of super fun changes are on their way, including a sister-in-law, two nephews and a niece. I can't wait for all of them! The Godfrey family is definitely growing. Rapidly.
     This summer has been a blast! Me and Lex have gone on tons of adventures and have filled plenty of nights with laughter. One of the nights we went to a party (if you know me, you know I was very nervous). I haven't been all that social in awhile. I've been with my family or lex and that's about it. It ended up being lots of fun and I met some really nice, new people. I'm glad I went. Although, they did make me eat fish. Bleck. I do admit that it was the best bite of fish I've tasted but I'm still not converted.
     Another night we hung out with our friend, Loni. We went to an outdoor movie, Despicable Me. We make a good trio. Lots of laughing and joking. After me and lex showed Loni stardriving and I think she ended up liking it. If you haven't done it, you have to try it. It's the best.
 
     So, the other day my dad took me to breakfast and then we went to Guitar Center for fun. There's a guitar there that I have loved since the 9th grade. I've been completely obsessed.  Over the years we go there to just play it or look at it. It's just a fun thing to go do. Anyway, I was playing it in the acoustic room with him and then my dad went out (I thought to buy strings) and when he came back in he said, "Come pick out a guitar strap." I'm sure my eyes went huge. I didn't want to jump to any conclusions. I don't even know what I said. I think I just smiled huge and asked if he was serious. We walked out and he had already bought the guitar and I picked out a strap! Ahhhh. Dreaming. I thought I was dreaming. My birthday is in September so this was my early birthday present. He is the sweetest dad ever. Not just that he bought me it, but because he is so supportive of me and the things I do. He just wants me to be happy and feel successful. It was surreal sitting in my bedroom playing it at home for the first time. I seriously cannot thank him and my mom enough. Such an amazing birthday present!     Things are going well for me. It's been a lot of having fun and being with family. I'm still working on not being so tired, but I think things there are looking better.  So, Lise, I hope this super jumpy, really random post is everything you hoped for. One item of business left...music. Thanks for being such a good friend and for always checking in on me. You're going to be an incredible missionary and I'm so excited for you! Love you lots.

   Pompeii by Bastille on Grooveshark Keep Your Head Up by Ben Howard on Grooveshark Nothing Alone by Imaginary Friend on Grooveshark
 
     Here are a few songs I think you'll like. All of them have other good songs too. Hard to pick. Grooveshark didn't have some of Imaginary Friend that I wanted to post, but you can find more on my Spotify playlists. Enjoy!
   

2 comments :

  1. This is such a perfect and informative post! My curiosity regarding your life is sufficiently satiated(for now).

    AND I REMEMBER THE GUITAR! Once upon a time, you took me to Guitar Center to visit your precious lil baby guitar. So glad its finally yours!

    THANK YOU for the AWESOME music. Here are my thoughts:

    Pompeii - I feel the need to be a better dancer when listening to this song. Seriously, this was probably my favorite of the three.

    Keep Your Head Up - I wasn't sure about this one until it got to the chorus; then I loved it. Also, Miley Cyrus should have listened to this song and kept her head up and her hair long.

    Nothing Alone - I like to read the lyrics to songs when I first listen to them. When I looked up the lyrics to this song, I happened to find the music video...SO DISTURBING. Did NOT expect that out of the music video for such a lovely song.

    LOVE YOU JESSICA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess you are such an inspiration to me. I don't know where I would be without you and Lex. Thanks for everything. Keep your head up and your spirits higher. Don't ever let anyone come in between you and your dreams. Go out and live your life. The road before you is untraveled, make it your own.

    ReplyDelete