August 26, 2012

Roots

     Life takes me by surprise all the time. If I'm being honest, it's not always a good thing and can be painful and uncomfortable. This time though, it's an overwhelming joy and just straight up overwhelming. Something  I didn't' really expect to come back to me. What I'm talking about is writing.
      The first thing you should know is that since a very young age, I have loved to create and imagine. I found that my favorite form of creating was writing. I was obsessed. I had a huge binder dedicated to my little stories, characters, and objects I would imagine and create on paper. If you asked me what I wanted to be from age 7 to age 15, I would have told you that I wanted to be a writer. Most of the time I would have specifically said author, but other times I wasn't so sure. I guess through the younger years I wanted to be a spy as well. There's that imagination again.
     So, when I was around 15, I decided that my dreams were childish and that, that was super unrealistic and embarrassing. A writer, really? I mean, I'm a little self conscious admitting to this now. I guess you could say that I am kind of hard on myself. Pretty critical of everything I say, wear, do, like, hope for. You name it. The good news is, that I don't care what people thing (well, I'm trying) and that includes myself. Even though it is hard for me to share this and with every word I type I am judging myself, I'm just going to ignore that little villain inside me. What is there to life if you don't hope for things right? It's not wrong to dream.
     Another thing you should know is that I disliked reading until I fell in love with it a little over a year ago. Since then I have just wanted to read and read and read. Which, started to kindle my passion for writing again. I've tried to keep that fire in the coals but last night is when I just put fuel to the flames. I just decided, hey, I like writing, I'm going to write. Writing is actually a very, very good thing for me. It's my expression and a lot of times what keeps me sane. This post is called roots because writing is what seems to be rooted within me. I haven't written in years and haven't tried, so I'm definitely lacking. Badly. But, like my sister told me, "the most important thing about writing is writing." Like everything else, it take practice and getting used to. It doesn't just come back in a single breath. So wish me luck at starting over.
   

Ps. I don't reread what I write in this blog. I don't even think about what I'm writing.  It's a babble blog to say the least. 

2 comments :

  1. JESSICA! i love this. i was just telling your mom on friday that you should write a book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so! happy to hear that you are picking it up again. We already know you are talented at it! Yay!! :)

    ReplyDelete