October 4, 2013

Pajama Sunday

     General Conference has always been very near and dear to my heart. I remember always being excited to wake up on "pajama sunday" with my mom making my favorite breakfast, avlesceevers. All the siblings around the table with tussled hair, making powdered sugar canals to hold the syrup to dip the little pancake balls in. Fluffy sugar on our faces, pjs, and plenty of blankets to go around we would all pile in the living room to watch our apostles and prophets speak.
     When I was little I'm sure I would relate the special feeling of Conference to a belly full of breakfast and being able to wear pajamas all day. Now that I'm older I clearly know that the joy I felt was the love of our Savior and the love of family. I have been so blessed to be apart of such a bonded family and to be a member of the church. My parents have invited the spirit into our home and during Conference every six months the spirit is overflowing. General Conference is a holiday to me. It is full of love, truth, and family. It's being in the home in warm little bubble with my eternal family, protected from the world.
     This year, I'm 2,000 miles away from home, but I still feel the warmth of my family and home. I'm so thrilled that I get to be apart of such a worldwide family as well and that we are all united twice a year to hear from our leaders. The tenderness of Conference spreads across the globe to all of my brothers and sisters that are watching and it makes me smile to know that we all have the opportunity to feel of our Heavenly Father's love for us. Tomorrow we get to hear how we can be a little better and will be inspired to work a little harder. We are able to grow closer to Christ and begin again. So, I hope you'll join us and come listen to the living prophets.

No comments :

Post a Comment